A Low-Carb Appetizer for Thanksgiving Get-Togethers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Wrap 1 piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place on a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender. Serve with maple syrup.
Source: Taste of Home Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites Recipe: How to Make It (tasteofhome.com)